The 2019 Three Valley GPS Ride will be held July 5th through 7th 2019.
We will continue with Pre Register for the ride,
- preregistration will be available early in 2019
- We plan to continue with two payment options
- Send your payment (cheque) and registration form to the club at Box 3011 Revelstoke BC, V0E 2S0, or
- E-transfer the payment to the club at firstname.lastname@example.org and email the completed registration form to email@example.com
Changes to the format have not been finalized:
- We do not expect to change the rider registration fee. An early or pre-registration fee of $25 (which includes the first GPS hand) if paid prior to May 31, 2018. Registration after May 31 goes to $35 and the fee still includes the first GPS hand. There is no registration fee for riders accompanying a registered rider. The Pre-registration fee is refundable upon request if the request is received by May 31st. There is discussion of an add on to the fee to support the provision of a couple of portable out houses.
- The registration form will be updated and made available for downloading on this site.
- Registration will be also be available via our club email address – firstname.lastname@example.org and e-transfer will be an acceptable form of payment to save sending a cheque in the mail.
- We expect the prize payout formula to remain the same as in 2018 (50% of the value of all hands sold). 50% of the prize pool will be awarded to first place with, 30% to second place and 20% to third place. If there is a tie for a prize then the value will be shared. For example, if two people are tied for first place – they would share the combined first and second pool values. If two people are tied for second place – they would share the value of the combined second and third pool values.
- The pre-registration form gps-ride-registration in word document format is available for downloading and completion.
- If you would like additional information on the ride send a request for more information using the contact form and one of the members will help you out.
- We will make an updated poster available for down loading.
- We are discussing changing the area for the markers – removing the Kingfisher area and adding in another area to the south of Iron Road on the Wap Mabel FSR.
- We are discussing having a second “office” for sale of hands on the Friday evening to reduce wait times.
The google earth image below shows the approximate extent of the location for the 2018 GPS Markers.
The Google earth image below shows greater detail of the WAP FSR turnoff from the TCH and the approximate location of camping and marshalling areas
Expected Ride Agenda
On the Friday evening, at about 5 PM there is a riders meeting, where all the rules and expectations are explained. This meeting is at the marshalling area approximately ( 50° 55.674’N,118° 28.909’W) as shown on the Google Earth Image above.
Following this meeting registration will continue and the sale of hands will begin. A “hand” consists of 4 GPS points with their latitude and longitude given (degrees and decimal minute format). The rider must then find the GPS marker at that location and record the serial number on the GPS marker. A hand is completed when all four GPS markers have been found and their serial numbers recorded and verified.
The evening time allows for riders to plan their ride for the next two of days.
Saturday – at approximately 7 AM registration and sale of hands will begin for the day. Riders can begin their search for GPS Markers. All riders are to report in to the official at the end of their ride for the day. This way all participants can be accounted.
Sunday – at approximately 7 AM registration and sale of hands continues. Riders can begin their search for GPS Markers. All riders are to report in to the official by 3 PM with all completed hands verified with the target of awards and participation draws for 4:30 PM.
Completed hands can be verified at any time.